Sunday, February 13, 2005

Weekend update


Things I learned:
1a. El Pastor is a really good Mexican restaurant.  Their horchata is not as good as La Hacienda, but the food was delicious and cheap. Their "medium" burrito was large enough for two meals and the waitress spoke in both Spanish and English.  Note to self: work on Spanish speaking skillz.
1b. El Pastor will seat you away from the other customers if you are not Latino.  I noticed this immediately; I wonder if it was to make the non-Latino customers feel more "comfortable" or something.
2. After I went to Stoughton to buy beads and chocolate, I decided that small towns are fun, but they always make me nervous.  Even if the people are for the most part friendly, I feel like I shouldn't be there. 



At that particular drug store, R and I passed a teenaged father scooting his toddler through the door.  His back was to us, his pants slung low past his ass, carrying his burgundy BVDs along.  I could have dropped several quarters down there. 


Oshira-sama looks like he's pooping out Yu-baaba

Last night I was on duty.  That was real boring. At least no one barfed in front of me.  I got up at noon today, putzed around, showered, and drove over to Schlee's house to see Schlee and R, and maybe mooch some lunch from them.  Schlee made a delicious skillet potato thing and scrambled eggs. As a rule I can't stand eggs in the morning but at three in the afternoon, I like them a lot. Then I had to leave early in order to facilitate a discussion on sexuality at the CWC, but I couldn't unlock any of the doors.  So I sat around and waited to see if anyone was going to come.  No one did.


Mmm, warm.

I headed down to my own Campus Center and took some vanity shots, which I haven't done in a while.  My hair isn't as light as I would have liked it, so I'm not sure how the color is going to come out.  But it feels good to be blonde again...wahahaha.  I'm a little tempted to bleach it all out.  Then again, I'm tempted to clean my room.  Pure fantasies.

I met one of my residents as I walked out the Union. This is the same resident that I reported earlier as radiating hostile vibes.  I get the feeling now that most of the hostile vibes I get from residents are simply because I'm a Housefellow and therefore a figure of authority.  That offends their sensibilities, because college means no rules to them.  I offered him a ride becuase it was rainy and gross; he seemed a little perturbed, as if I were going to ignore him and his luggage and move right to the car.  I drove him and his girlfriend to Liz Waters, waited for him to come out, and then drove us back to Bradley.



Youssef and I went grocery shopping.  Good shit.  We're both trying not to eat at the cafeteria so much.  My groceries are still waiting to be sorted. I also should be working on an incomplete right now.  But I'm not doing either!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home