Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Radiohead

I Radio


I've been on sham husband Youssef's radio shows for a little while, and they're good.  And fun. They make me realize how little involved in politics I really am.  Then again, I can outalk them about dildos.  Not as well as Eax can, but I can still talk about 'em. I'm bringing my camera out  more, so I got to take some photos. I like to listen to myself fumble my words.  Mostly, I like to sit there and watch people. 


My only regret? I just wish I hadn't let spill that he smokes a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, his father listens to his show via webcast. Oops. And saying "promoting good health for healthy sexuality because it's good," or something like that today because there was dead air and Youssef made me speak about SOL.


The outfit du jour was a la Molly Ringwald.  A white boy's button down with a boy's pink tie, pleated black skirt, and black sneakers that hit mid-calf with neon blue and pink laces that I bought for US$7 in Guangdong two winters ago. All right, all right, mama bargained them down for me. I love my grandma, even if she hates my hair.  It wasn't too cold, but I was getting some strange looks on State Street.  I kept thinking that the back of my skirt was tucked into my underwear, but that wasn't the case. I think it was the bright-pink cheeks; I went a little overboard on the theater makeup. 



Youssef, dancing to Sage Francis. I heart him. We're best friends.



My partner-in-crime, Ben.  We work well together because we're both huge procrastinators.  And Jewish.



Aww, it's Jeff. No one loves Jeff. They can tell he's part Japanese. Joke; everyone loves Jeff.



Heeeeey, it's Rich!  He's smart up the wazzoo. I'd like to steal some of his brains.


Man, guess who was the only one there without a beard?  No one!  I've got Youssef convince everyone of my hyper-heterosexuality! Harharhar. 


Hopefully, I can pick up some radio experience to justify my applying to This American Life. Which is nice, because it would be in Chicago and I can either live at home (*gasp*) or somewhere else...*ahem, friends who live in chicago* *ahem* 

1 Comments:

Blogger Guante said...

whenever there's dead air, make a funny face at youssef and see what happens.

i make a game of it.

oh and the friday show is FAR superior, by the way.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home