Saturday, June 24, 2006

Shag for safer sex

BLUNDERING health chiefs set up an advice service for youngsters called the Sexual Health Action Group — SHAG.

Well-meaning Eastbourne Downs NHS Trust started the body for youth workers to discuss how to improve teenagers’ sexual health, but did not realise the gaffe.

Group member Lee Edgar said: “It wasn’t intended and has caused a few problems.

“I don’t even write it in my diary because I don’t want people to see it. It’s embarrassing.”

She added: “We’ve talked about changing the name but it describes what we do so well.

- Source

This reminds me of the time my school officials wanted to name the upcoming high school Indian Prairie High School. They were very self-congratulatory until some student actually stopped from her snickering to point out that school rivals were going to have a field day with "I Pee High." So they changed it...but when they built the "alternative" high school, guess what they named it? IP High.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home