Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Movietime with Dreamworks: a play

Dreamworks producer #1: We really ought to make another CG movie, Pixar's Cars is making soo much money right now!
Dreamworks producer #2: Yeah...Over The Hedge did all right but I think some people are definitely onto our product shilling and flat humor.
DWP #1: Call in the Creative Director!
Creative Director: Someone called?
DWP #2: Um, I didn't even dial your num-
Creative Director: S'ok. I happened to be outside. Eavesdropping. So you need a new movie idea?
DWP #1: Yeah, we need something fun, something exciting, something...exotic.
DWP #2: Are you still mooning over your trip to China last mon-
CC: Hey! How about a movie set in China!?
DWP #1: Yeah, that sounds great!
CC: Let me see, what are the two things that come to mind when I say "China..."
DWP #1: HOOKERS AND GRILLED DOGMEAT!
DWP #2: ...
CC: Hey, an idea is an idea, boss. Keep going, but think of something more family-oriented, all right?
DWP #1: Uh...
DWP #2: How about pandas and kung fu?
CC: Great, great idea!! I can already see it: "Once long ago in Ancient China, there was a panda. A panda that knew kung fu." We can call it Kung Fu Panda.
DWP #1: Brilliant, brilliant! You deserve another raise!
DWP #2: Sounds great, let's get cracking. But all this talk about China is making me hungry for eggrolls.
CC: Yum, I'll join yo-
DWP #1: And I'm hungry for some yellow -----!
DWP #2 and CC: ...

THE END



But not really.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, Panda Bears!!!! Does his wife walk two paces behind? Does he wear those pointy straw hats? I love Chinese stereotype American Chinese stuff!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home